Cultural and Linguistic Competency Summit 2017
Mar 23, 2017 in Events
Where: The Spirit Communications Park Conference Center, 1640 Freed Dr, Columbia, SC 29207.
Join the Joint Council for Children and Adolescents for a summit to discuss cultural competency.
The summit goals are to:
- Increase professionals' capacity to effectively address cultural differences among diverse children and families
- Equip agencies and organizations to develop protocols for providing culturally appropriate child and adolescent services and ongoing assessments of their cultural climate
- Strengthen the agency’s and organization’s ability to identify and address cultural issues and trauma
- Develop strategies to maintain the agency’s/organization’s commitment to diversity
- View culture and differences from the strengths-based perspective
- Identify and eliminate barriers to cultural competence
SCICH is proud to serve as a sponsor of this event.